What Every Congregant Should Know About Security
The Role of Congregants and Community Members
Congregants and community members have an important role in helping to ensure the safety of their Jewish communal institutions.
- Be watchful and report suspicious activity.
- Know your building and report anything that is out-of-place or missing.
- Actively cooperate with security directions, check-in procedures and ticket policies. For example, even if ushers or guards know you, help set the right tone by showing your ID or holiday ticket.
- Support your board and professionals in implementing an effective security plan.
- Help create a culture that is secure and welcoming.
- Care about this issue, and let people know that you do.
- Enjoy your community institution to its fullest -- but remember to be alert and to think about security while doing so.