Miller Early Childhood Initiative
Teaching mutual respect and an appreciation for diversity is critical to preventing prejudice from taking root in young children. ADL offers programs for early childhood educators, caregivers and family members.
Through The Miller Early Childhood Initiative of A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE® Institute, ADL provides anti-bias workshops and materials designed to train early childhood educators, caregivers and family members to help children understand, respect and appreciate differences. Download Program Flier (PDF) for workshop offerings.
In partnership with Sesame Workshop™, ADL created the following materials, available only through participation in The Initiative's Educators Workshops:
- Bias-Free Foundations: Early Childhood Guidebook and Activities for Educators is a color booklet jam-packed with activities and guidance for educators on creating bias-free early childhood programs for children ages 3 to 5.
- Bias-Free Foundations: Early Childhood Activities for Families is color booklet for families that provides anti-bias and guidance about talking to kids about bias, exposing them to diversity and buying them multicultural toys and books that reflect the world at large.
- Bias-Free Foundations: Early Childhood Poster: Highlights and reinforces anti-bias concepts introduced in The Initiative Educator and Family Workshops.
- All Kinds Of...(pdf). Publication is also availabe in hardback format and is available for order.
- All Together! Early Childhood Kit: provides guidance on creating environments that are inclusive to all children and sensitive to their differences. The activity book includes 10 activities to be used with children ages 3 to 5. The recommended activities fit into routines that take place in most early childhood programs. Click to order.