Nation of Islam (NOI) leader Louis Farrakhan once again expressed anti-Semitism and bigotry at an event to promote the October 10 “Justice…Or Else!” Million Man March (MMM) in Washington, DC.
At the August 25 Detroit stop of his multi-city “Justice…Or Else!” tour, Farrakhan told his audience that “[Israeli Prime Minister] Netanyahu can make a call from Israel and senators dance…Here’s a man, leave Israel and come to the U.S. Congress, and talk like he’s at home because he knows his people run the government. You didn’t hear me! Well, if his people run the government, they own the media, they own Hollywood.”
During the event, which took place at Detroit’s Fellowship Chapel, Farrakhan was introduced by Rev. Wendell Anthony, who serves as the pastor of the church as well as the President of the NAACP’s Detroit branch. Rev. Anthony praised the event as “making history.”
Additionally, during Farrakhan’s visit to Detroit, he was presented with a “state of Michigan seal commemorating the 20th Anniversary of the Million Man March” as well as a “proclamation” from the State of Michigan by Michigan State Senator Bert Johnson and Michigan State Representative Sherry Gay-Dagnogo.
Farrakhan also incorporated homophobic sentiment into his anti-Jewish conspiracy theories, making the following claims: “Biden said that Hollywood members of the Jewish community single handedly made same sex marriage legal. Now to the Jewish community, if you’re here, how you going to tell me you have a covenant relationship with God? No, listen! I’m going to challenge you on this!” He continued, “You’re God’s chosen people?! And you promote something that God rejects? You’ve lost your covenant status! You are not the chosen of God, you are the chosen of Satan!...You’re promoting homosexuality. God doesn’t. You promote fifth. God condemns it!”
Farrakhan stated that a man who “would want to have sex with another man and say that I’m in love, see, this is a sick society!” Farrakhan also claimed Jews are responsible for the pornography industry, “Most of the 3X 4X 6X movies…most of it is run by members of the Jewish community.”
Farrakhan chastised the transgender community as well, describing Caitlyn Jenner’s transition as “science that is so wicked” claiming that transgender people are the work of Satan. He stated, “Satan wants to turn you so that God will reject you.”
Additionally, in a criticism of U.S. military actions in the Middle East, Farrakhan minimized the role of former Al-Qaeda ideologue Anwar al-Awlaki in encouraging attacks against America and the West asking, “What did al-Awlaki do!? Al-Awlaki disagreed with America’s policies. If you had any sense you would disagree with them too…It’s very sad.” Al-Awlaki was killed in a U.S. airstrike in 2011.
This was not the first event in Farrakhan’s multi-city “Justice…Or Else!” tour to promote hatred against Jews and others.
- In his August 13 remarks at a church in Milwaukee, Farrakhan told the congregation, “I’m talking about the wicked ones in the Jewish community that run America, run the government, run the world, own the banks, own the means of communication. They are my enemies! But as sure as I’m alive, my enemies will be made my footstool and so will yours.”
- Also in Milwaukee, Farrakhan said, “Would the Jew had listened to Jesus…but you rebelled against him and killed him.”
- Farrakhan claimed in Milwaukee that the media have misrepresented him as violent because “white people deserve to die, and they know, so they think it’s us coming to do it.”
- In his July 30 remarks in Miami, Farrakhan asserted, “A Jew is not a Jew by the circumcision of the male organ but circumcision of the heart.”
- Also in Miami, Farrakhan’s remarks also took a particularly militant tone. He stated, “If the federal government will not intercede in our affairs, then we must rise up and kill those who kill us! Stalk them! And kill them! And let them feel the pain of death that we are feeling!”