Press TV, Iran’s government-run English-language news network, is exploiting the international discussion about the Iran nuclear deal to promote anti-Semitic stereotypes of Jews and Israel as war-mongering and exercising nefarious control over the American government to act against the country’s interests.
Press TV has a long record of promoting pernicious anti-Semitic conspiracy theories as “news” to a worldwide audience. Operated by Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting (IRIB), Press TV serves as a mouthpiece for American anti-Semites, conspiracy theorists, and Holocaust deniers, who are presented as credible experts that help amplify the Iranian regime’s hateful messages.
Some examples of the types of anti-Semitic conspiracy theories recently broadcast on Press TV regarding the Iran deal include:
- “AIPAC critics have said it acts as an agent of the Israeli regime and has a ‘stranglehold’ on Congress with its extensive influence and financial power.”
(Scott Bennet, “Americans tired of Israel lobby and Netanyahu: Ex-US army psychological warfare officer,” August 1, 2015)
- “Israel has done everything in its power for decades to make sure that the West and the Islamic world are at odds with each other, are at loggerheads, are fighting and squabbling against each other so that Israel can rule the roost and carve out its emporium while everybody else is distracted.”
- “This obviously reveals to the world that Israel and global Zionism are the primary impediments to world peace and stability, it’s not Iran.”
(Brandon Martinez, “AIPAC trying to torpedo Iran nuclear agreements: Analyst,” July 31, 2015)
- “The majority of American people are uninformed about the destructive influence of the pro-Israel lobby in the United States and its dominance on US foreign policy.”
- “It would be nice to see the Americans rise up against the kind of tyranny that does occur because of the Israel lobby.”
(Scott Rickard, “US media, politics hijacked by pro-Israel lobby: Analyst,” July 28, 2015)
- “The Zionist lobby in the United States is using its tremendous influence in Congress to place Israel’s interest ahead of America’s, including launching more conflicts in the Middle East and trying to derail any nuclear agreement with Iran.”
- “They’re nothing but traitors to America, pushing another war for Israel vs. Iran like they did with Iraq.”
(James Morris, “Israeli-occupied US Congress seeks war with Iran: Analyst,” July 22, 2015)
For more information about the anti-Semitism broadcast on Press TV, read ADL’s full report.