The Teachers' Lounge is a platform for K-12 educators worldwide to bring anti-bias concepts to the current and next generation of educators. We want to provide an opportunity to hear directly from educators about how they teach about bias, bullying, diversity and social justice.
Each month ADL will feature an essay. We hope that the approaches, tips and strategies conveyed here will broaden your scope and resources for implementing anti-bias education in your in school or community.
The essays will primarily focus on one or more of the following areas:
- an approach, strategy, or classroom practice that addresses some aspect of anti-bias or bullying prevention education
- how the work is impacting young people directly, what they are saying and learning
- an activity that was conducted and what happened
- advice or tips on bringing anti-bias concepts into the classroom, what things to do and what to look out for
- a personal reflection on how teaching about diversity and bias has impacted the educator and/or their students
The current month's essay and past essays can be viewed below.