In response to increasing rates of antisemitism around the world, major Jewish organizations in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Argentina and Australia formed the J7, the Large Communities’ Task Force Against Antisemitism.
The task force will consist of the following member organizations and nations represented:
- The United States: ADL and the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations
- The United Kingdom: Board of Deputies of British Jews
- France: Conseil Représentatif des Institutions Juives de France (CRIF)
- Germany: Central Council of Jews in Germany
- Canada: Centre for Israel and Jewish Affairs (CIJA)
- Argentina: Delegación de Asociaciones Israelitas Argentinas (DAIA)
- Australia: Executive Council of Australian Jewry (ECAJ)
In addition to top-level consultations, the J7 will organize a number of working groups comprised of subject matter experts from each community to develop strategies and action plans within areas such as policy and advocacy, tech policy, security, extremism and education against antisemitism.
The formation of the J7 Global Task Force comes at a time when data from around the world indicates a rise in antisemitic incidents and attitudes, and growing concern within our Jewish communities who are confronting this rise.