Teachers participating in the online course receive tools and curricula they can put to use in the classroom right away, develop strategies to prevent name-calling and bullying, effectively work with diverse student groups and receive interdisciplinary lesson plans. Download the course flier (PDF).
- Exploration of personal identity and the link between identity and stereotypes.
- Language exploration and how exclusive and insensitive language can perpetuate bias.
- Defining culture and examining the link between culture and bias.
- Understanding both the definition and how to respond to confict.
- Recognizing how prejudice and bias lead to bullying and learning how to prevent and intervene against it.
- Identifying and practicing the characteristics of an inclusive classroom.
- Engaging “real life” videos
- Expert commentaries and advice
- Interactive activities allowing for multiple outcomes
- Discussion board
- Online “office hours” chat
- Recommended resources, articles, and books
- Opportunity to create a personal journal
Certifications and Benefits:
- Receive a certificate for 15 professional development hours. Your certificate may be submitted for professional development credits, CEUs and /or salary advancement.
- Receive 10 complete ready-to-use anti-bias classroom lesson plans.
- Learn how to build customized action plans to integrate multicultural practices into your classroom.
- Acquire techniques for confronting discrimination to effectively intervene and prevent bullying.
Individual Tuition is $140/person.
For price discounts for groups and quantity purchases, please contact us.