COVERAGE INVITED – VIA LIVE STREAMING
WHO: Anti-Defamation League (ADL) & National Constitution Center
WHAT: Supreme Court Review: Landmark Cases of 2015-2016
WHERE: ** Live Streaming ** at www.adl.org/supremecourtreview
WHEN: Wednesday, July 6 at Noon EDT
Some of the nation’s top legal minds will participate in a program at the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia where they will review the Supreme Court’s 2015-2016 Term.
Topics of discussion will include:
- The Supreme Court after Justice Scalia’s passing
- Principle of “one person, one vote” in the midst of the 2016 election season
- State limits on restricting access to abortion
- Immigration and presidential power
- Future of affirmative action
The renowned scholars participating include:
- Erwin Chemerinsky, founding Dean and Distinguished Professor of Law, and Raymond Pryke Professor of First Amendment Law at the University of California, Irvine School of Law, with a joint appointment in Political Science
- Frederick M. Lawrence, Secretary and CEO-elect of the Phi Beta Kappa Society, Senior Research Scholar at Yale Law School, Professor of Politics at Brandeis University, and the former President of Brandeis.
- Dahlia Lithwick, Senior Editor and Supreme Court Correspondent, Slate
The event will be moderated by ADL, and is organized by the League in collaboration with the National Constitution Center.