September 10, 2012
The right to freedom of religion is so central to American democracy that it was enshrined in the First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.
ADL’s comprehensive religious freedom publications and resources explain how the First Amendment and other laws protect religious freedom, and current challenges to religious freedom in America.
Read ADL's Religious Freedom Resources:
The First Amendment & Religion
Religion and the Public Schools
- Religion in the Public Schools
- The December Dilemma: Teaching About Religious Holidays
- Graduation Prayer in the Public Schools: Questions & Answers
- School & Workplace Accommodations for the Jewish High Holidays: Know Your Rights and Obligations
- Intelligent Design: It’s Not Science (PDF)
Religion and the Workplace
Religion and Fair Housing
Religion in the Public Square
- Opening Prayers at Public Meetings of Local Town Council Meetings
- The Ten Commandments in the Public Square: Religiously Divisive & Constitutionally Unsound (PDF)