New York, NY, January 5, 2023 ... ADL’s Task Force on Middle East Minorities issued a statement today highlighting five critical policy considerations to ensure the well-being of minorities in the Middle East.
ADL's Task Force on Middle East Minorities urges the Members of the Congress to follow these five critical policy considerations:
- Prioritize a human rights-centered foreign policy and advocate for the rights and freedoms of all minorities in the Middle East.
- De-politicize the conversation around refugees and address humanitarian needs of asylum seekers.
- Provide financial and other support to protect and rebuild the religious and cultural heritage of minorities in the Middle East.
- Support and expand interfaith initiatives in the Middle East.
- Remain committed to identifying and addressing immediate threats to all minorities across the Middle East.
ADL’s Task Force on Middle East Minorities strives to bring international attention to the human rights offenses committed against minority communities in the Middle East. The Task Force consists of regional and topical experts who serve as an advisory body to augment ADL’s work in protecting vulnerable minorities by identifying, elevating, and educating on emerging human rights issues in the Middle East.