ADL has developed resources to help you respond to anti-Semitic incidents, and stand up to anti-Israel bias. Explore these tools to learn how to navigate challenging situations you might face on your college campus.
Think. Plan. Act.
Think. Plan. Act.
Tools for Dealing with Anti-Semitic and Anti-Israel Incidents on Campus
A flyer posted in your dorm seems anti-Semitic. A campus event features an anti-Israel speaker. A fellow student says something about Jews that makes you feel uncomfortable. You may be concerned that you’ll encounter challenging situations like these on your campus. If you do, the most important thing to remember is that you’re not alone. Fellow students and campus professionals will stand with you—and ADL is on your side as well.
How to Recognize Anti-Semitism vs. Anti-Israel Bias
Learn how to recognize which it is, and differentiate both from legitimate criticism of policies of the State of Israel.
Whatever you might encounter on your campus—it’s happened to other students too. Find out what they faced, how they handled it, and what you can learn from their experiences.
How Can I be Prepared for Anti-Semitism and Anti-Israel Bias on Campus?
An introduction to the issues Jewish students face on some college campuses today. Read about some situations you might confront, and suggested steps you could take to prepare beforehand, or to take action at the time.
Six Proactive Strategies to Prevent Anti-Israel Activity… and What to Do if It Happens Anyway
There are proactive steps you can take to prevent an anti-Israel event from taking place on your campus, and to be ready to act effectively if and when it does.
What Is... Anti-Israel, Anti-Semitic, Anti-Zionist?
What’s behind these words? Get the background and learn the nuances so you’ll be better prepared to respond if you encounter them on campus.
Free Speech Q & A: Frequently Asked Questions About Free Speech on Campus
Questions about free speech on campus? Start here. This FAQ gives a basic overview of the issue. ADL also offers trainings for college and university staff and administrators on hate, bias and free speech.
Report an Incident
Contact ADL for advice on responding to bias incidents.
Bring “Words to Action” to Your Campus
ADL’s workshops can empower you and fellow students to counter anti-Semitism and anti-Israel bias.
Find an ADL Office Near You
Wherever you are, there’s an ADL office ready to respond to events on your campus.
Save and Print the Toolkit
Download ADL’s complete set of resources for college students.
- Words to Action: Empowering Students to Address Anti-Semitism - Learn about ADL’s interactive education program for middle school, high school, and college students.
- Israel – A Guide for Activists - Be prepared! This resource contains facts, useful responses, and advocacy tools.
- Campus Leaders Mission to Israel - Spread the word about ADL’s Campus Leaders Mission.
- Tips and Tricks for Writing an Op-Ed While on Campus - A quick and useful resource for how to author and publish an op-ed on your campus.
- A Campus of Difference™ - Learn about anti-bias training workshops that help establish more welcoming, inclusive and diverse campus environments.
- ADL Partner: Campus Pride – Stop the Hate - This educational initiative of Campus Pride supports colleges and universities in preventing and combating hate on campus.
- ADL Partner: Love Has No Labels - ADL has developed discussion guides to accompany the Ad Council’s public service ad campaign, which encourages people to examine and challenge their own implicit bias.
- BDS: The Global Campaign to Delegitimize Israel - Find out how ADL is fighting BDS, the movement to delegitimize Israel through boycott, divestment, and sanctions.