How Can I Be Prepared for Antisemitic and Anti-Israel Bias on Campus? Scenarios and Best Practices
We’ve put together examples of real-life antisemitic or anti-Israel situations you might face that have already happened on American campuses. Get strategies on how to be prepared for these types of incidents.
What Is… Antisemitism, Anti-Zionism, Anti-Israel Bias?
Definitions of these commonly used and commonly misunderstood terms.
Frequently Asked Questions About Free Speech on Campus
Questions about free speech on campus? Start here. This FAQ gives a basic overview of protected speech, freedom of expression and what might be different on public vs. private universities.
Tips on Engaging and Disengaging on Social Media
Social media is a hotbed of antisemitism, anti-Israel hate, Holocaust denial and distortion and other conspiracy theories. Check out our tips on how to engage and disengage in the fight against antisemitism, anti-Israel bias and hate on social media.
10 Ways to Have Conscientious Conversations on the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict
The Israeli-Palestinian conflict has always engendered strong emotions and differences of opinion. Learn tips on how to have conscientious discussion about this complex issue, and how to avoid common pitfalls that could invoke antisemitism, bias or bigotry.
Dos and Don’ts in Responding to Antisemitism on Campus
If you or another Jewish student is targeted on your campus, you can be ready. Know who to turn to, what to do—and what not to do.
Six Proactive Strategies to Deal with Anti-Israel Activity on Campus
There are proactive steps you can take to diminish the impact of anti-Israel activity taking place on your campus, and to be prepared if and when you do need to respond.
Bring "Words to Action" to Your Campus
ADL’s workshops can empower you and fellow students to counter antisemitism and anti-Israel bias.
Share Facts, Show Strength and Speak Up
If you would like to join the fight against antisemitism and anti-Israel bias on your campus, sharing accurate information with your fellow students is a great place to start. Here are some sample posts and accompanying graphics you can download and share on social media.
Social Media Toolkit. Think.Plan.Act.
- To report antisemitic and/or bias incidents targeting Jewish community members on North American college campuses please go to reportcampushate.org
- For information about antisemitic incidents that were reported in recent years, including on campus, please see ADL’s Audit of Antisemitic Incidents.
- Anti-Israel Activism on U.S. Campuses, 2022-2023
- Words to Action: Empowering Students to Address Antisemitism - Learn about ADL’s interactive education program for middle school, high school, and college students.
- Hate/Uncycled: a cross-campus program and framework for students, staff, faculty, administrators and campus safety teams to work together to understand and challenge bias, work toward inclusive campus climate policies and practices, and to be prepared to respond effectively to hate incidents if they occur.