A COMMUNITY OF DIFFERENCE™ offers social service workers, volunteers and staffs of community organizations - as well as civic leaders - skills and strategies to work together more effectively.
This program helps participants:
- Understand their own biases and how they affect their interactions with others
- Develop a common understanding about diversity
- Appreciate the need for respectful relations among diverse groups
- Develop concrete action plans for implementation
A COMMUNITY OF DIFFERENCE'S specially designed training program for law enforcement professionals (police cadets, experienced officers, and civilian personnel) helps:
- Develop awareness and skills for working within a highly pluralistic society
- Identify and report hate crimes
- Examine how implicit bias skills affect law enforcement work, especially regarding hate crimes
- Examine appropriate responses to on-the-job situations, using case studies and large and small discussion groups
For more information, or to find out how your local organizations and agencies can implement A COMMUNITY OF DIFFERENCE, contact your ADL Regional Office, ADL National Headquarters (212) 885-7700, or email us.