Congregants and community members have an important role in helping to ensure the safety of their Jewish communal institutions.
- Be watchful and report suspicious activity.
- Know your building and report anything that is out-of-place or missing.
- Actively cooperate with security directions, check-in procedures and ticket policies. For example, even if ushers or guards know you, help set the right tone by showing your ID or holiday ticket.
- Support your board and professionals in implementing an effective security plan.
- Help create a culture that is secure and welcoming.
- Care about this issue, and let people know that you do.
- Enjoy your community institution to its fullest -- but remember to be alert and to think about security while doing so.