ADL and Law Enforcement
Founded in 1913, ADL is a leading anti-hate organization. ADL works closely with federal, state and local law enforcement to assist them in protecting communities from extremism and hate. This work is rooted in ADL’s mission “to stop the defamation of the Jewish people and to secure justice and fair treatment to all.” It is shaped by both a deep understanding of the law enforcement profession and a steadfast commitment to civil rights.
- The nation’s foremost nongovernmental authority on extremism, with a Center on Extremism (COE) comprised of a team of investigators, analysts, researchers and technical experts who strategically monitor and expose extremist threats—on the internet and on the ground.
- A pioneer in the fight against hate crimes, having drafted the nation’s first model hate crime legislation. Today, 46 states and the District of Columbia have laws based on or similar to it.
- A principal provider of cutting edge programs for federal, state and local law enforcement officials of all levels.
- Expertise in combatting extremism and responding to hate crimes.
- Information and intelligence on extremist groups, movements and individuals, to help law enforcement identify and disrupt emerging threats.
- Professional development tailored to the needs of each agency and all ranks, addressing critical issues for law enforcement – including extremism, hate crimes, leadership and trust.
- The latest resources from our Center on Extremism, including reports, backgrounders and blogs on different extremist movements, and a link to sign up for the COE Monthly newsletter.
- An interactive H.E.A.T. Map, detailing incidents of hate, extremism, antisemitism and terrorism in your area.
- A Hate Symbols Database, providing an overview of many of the symbols most frequently used by white supremacist groups and movements and other types of hate groups.
- Resources on addressing hate crimes, online hate and our annual Audit of Antisemitic Incidents.
Through a network of 25 Regional Offices, ADL is on the ground, ready to provide local assistance and support.