The following is a sampling of some of the numerous individuals who promote antisemitic 9/11 conspiracy theories today, including individuals who have maintained a prominent role in the 9/11 truther movement for the past two decades, as well as a new generation of individuals carrying on that legacy. These individuals cut across the ideological spectrum—from longtime conspiracy theorists and hardcore antisemites, to white supremacists and Black nationalists—united in their belief that Jews and Israel are to blame for the 9/11 terrorist attacks.
The Iranian-backed Houthi rebels in Yemen, who refer to themselves as “Ansar Allah,” adhere to a fundamentally antisemitic worldview which dates back to the group’s foundational documents from the early 2000s. Hussein al-Houthi, the group’s founder, claimed in sermons in December 2001 that 9/11 was a Jewish conspiracy and that Osama bin Laden was probably hiding in an American hotel. Under its current leader, Hussein’s brother Abdelmalek al-Houthi, the Houthi insurgency continues to routinely propagate antisemitic conspiracy theories about 9/11, even teaching such hatred to children under their control. Since conquering the Yemeni capital of Sanaa in 2014, the Houthis now also control the institutions of a contender Yemeni state. As a result, antisemitic conspiracy theories, including about 9/11, are now amplified by previously official Yemeni institutions that belonged to the state and were seized by Abdelmalek al-Houthi and his organization, such as the state’s al-Eman TV station.
- In 2021, the Houthi-controlled al-Eman TV station broadcast a show that taught school children “the scam of 9/11 was a theatrical show produced by the Jews and the Americans” to conquer all Islamic and Arab nations.
- In a 2021 speech about the importance and origins of the Houthi slogan “death to America, death to Israel, curse the Jews,” Abdelmalek al-Houthi suggested that the U.S. and Israel “made the events of September 11th as a pretext” to conquer the Muslim world.
- In 2016 speech about “the Jewish enemy,” Abdelmalek al-Houthi declared with regard to “the Jewish Zionist lobby” that “we find in the events of September 11th with certainty they manufactured this event, and employed it to the highest level.”
Antisemitic conspiracy theorist Adam Green hosts an online streaming show called “Know More News.” Green promotes various conspiracy theories on the show, often connecting them to ancient Jewish texts and a belief that Jews are attempting to control world governments and industries to ultimately destroy non-Jews. Green speculated that the January 6, 2021 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, for example, was orchestrated by Israel and Jews in order to justify implementing tyrannical laws to undermine the United States. Green has promoted antisemitic 9/11 conspiracy theories, including conducting “9/11 Truth Street Interviews,” participating in 9/11 truther events, and hosting other antisemitic 9/11 conspiracy theorists on Know More News.
- “It wasn’t until like 2008, 2009, I started to get into the 9/11 truth stuff. And ever since I learned this, my life has been changed. I don’t think there’s been a day that goes by that it doesn’t replay in my head that [Zionists] can blow up buildings in front of everybody and start wars…They’re getting away with everything…They take down a couple buildings to justify Israel’s dominance in the world and to help fulfill their prophecies. 9/11 was huge for them…” – Adam Green, Know More News, September 2019
- “Greater Israel, world domination, Temple Mashiach, all the end times prophecy. [Zionists] needed 9/11 for that. It took out all their threats in the Middle East, it launched a war on Islam, destabilized all of their neighbors, all of it.” – Adam Green, Know More News, September 2019
Andrew Anglin and The Daily Stormer
Andrew Anglin is a white supremacist and antisemite who operates the neo-Nazi website, The Daily Stormer. Anglin got his start in the alt right extremist world as a 9/11 “truther” and was influenced by conspiracy theorists like Alex Jones of InfoWars. He launched The Daily Stormer in 2013, which features content from Anglin and other authors that is explicitly racist, antisemitic, misogynistic, anti-LGBTQ+, and peddles conspiratorial claims related to the 2020 election, the coronavirus pandemic, and other current events. In 2014, Anglin stated definitively on The Daily Stormer that “The Jews most definitely orchestrated the events of September 11th, 2001.” Anglin remains in hiding after several judges awarded punitive damages to victims of his various trolling campaigns.
- “I’ve been thinking about this Iraq War thing recently. It is actually as totally insane as the coronavirus hoax or the global weather hoax. It is totally mind-blowing, looking back, that half of America believed that Saddam Hussein had ordered 911. As we know, virtually all of the neocons were Jews. Not 60% or 70%, but 95%.” – Andrew Anglin, The Daily Stormer, July 2021
- “There is simply no denying the Jewish and Israeli involvement in the 9/11 attacks. The fact that Jews were complicit in these attacks is a very legitimate reason to hate the Jews.” – Lee Rogers, The Daily Stormer, July 2019
Christopher Bollyn was one of the earliest promoters of antisemitic 9/11 conspiracy theories and he continues to be an influential voice in the 9/11 truther movement two decades later. He first began writing about the attacks soon after they occurred as a reporter for American Free Press, an antisemitic conspiracy-oriented newspaper. Since that time, Bollyn has doubled down on his arguments and promoted the view that the 9/11 attacks were a false flag operation by Israel and Jews which led to the “War on Terror.” He has also described 9/11 as the “monstrous Jewish-Zionist crime of our time.” He conducted a speaking tour across the U.S. in 2016 to promote these conspiratorial claims. Bollyn continues to publish content about 9/11 on his own website and other platforms.
- “The 9-11 culprits who give the diktats to our political leaders apparently demand two things: utter silence on 9-11 truth and complete servitude to the Zionist agenda. Evidently, these are two sides of the same coin. Don’t expect the Zionist gangsters to give up and let us have our republic back anytime soon. They intend to maintain control of the White House and Congress for a long time, which is how they have enslaved us.” – Christopher Bollyn, August 2019
- “[Former Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu] is one of the key masterminds of the fraudulent War on Terror, which is now the longest and most expensive war in U.S. history. He is also deeply involved in the false-flag terrorism of 9/11, which is the event that made his pet project, the War on Terror, become operational.” – Christopher Bollyn, July 2019
Former U.S. Representative (Georgia) and 2008 Green Party presidential candidate Cynthia McKinney has a long history of espousing anti-Israel and anti-Zionist rhetoric and has also supported antisemitic groups, including the Nation of Islam and the New Black Panther Party. McKinney began using conspiratorial rhetoric about 9/11 within months of the attacks and has continued to do so over the past two decades.
McKinney has participated in 9/11 truther events and has repeatedly blamed Israel and Zionists for the attacks. At the “9/11 Revisited – Seeking the Truth” conference in Kuala Lumpur in 2012, she claimed the “pro-Israel lobby” targeted her because of her questioning of 9/11. At a ReThink911 Coalition event in Times Square in 2013, hosted by 9/11 conspiracy theorist Richard Gage and his Architects & Engineers for 9/11 Truth (AE911Truth) organization, McKinney implied that Israel was behind the attacks, referencing the Israeli policy document “Clean Break” and the “Yinon Plan” during her speech.
- McKinney posted an image on Twitter in June 2021 depicting the 9/11 attack on the Twin Towers as a puzzle, with the message: “The final piece of the puzzle…Zionists did it.”
Former Klan leader and one of America’s best-known white supremacists and antisemites, David Duke has spread antisemitic, racist, and bigoted commentary and conspiracy theories for decades, including through his newsletter, website and daily podcast. Duke has consistently accused Jews of controlling the media, U.S. politics, banking and other entities, in addition to repeating baseless claims that Jews are responsible for such events as the coronavirus pandemic and global wars. Duke has blamed Jews and Israel for the 9/11 terrorist attacks for the past 20 years, with his commentary appearing in such publications as Press TV, Iran’s English-language propaganda news network.
- “The Taliban is not our enemy. They did not do 9/11. If you want to know who did 9/11…it was the Jewish control of this country [the U.S.]…The Jewish supremacists are the biggest murderers in the history of the planet…Israel’s fingerprints all over 9/11…The Jewish power structure globally, the Jewish spy system and Mossad, has infiltrated every major terrorist group…There’s huge evidence that the Israeli state knew all about it. I think they planned it.” – David Duke, David Duke Radio Show, August 2021
David Icke is a popular British conspiracy theorist and author whose books promote a wide range of conspiracy theories. These conspiracy theories include frequent antisemitism, such as claiming that Israel and Zionists planned the 9/11 terrorist attacks, citing the classic antisemitic text “The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion,” and stating that the Jewish Rothschild family is part of a bloodline of reptilian humanoids that secretly control the world.
Icke’s work has been admired by individuals across the political spectrum, from individuals on the left to far-right extremists. Icke’s two most recently published books, “The Trigger” in 2019 and “The Answer” in 2020, strongly promote the belief that a cabal of “ultra-Zionists” based in Israel, together with a religious “death cult” that emerged from Judaism centuries ago, perpetrated 9/11.
- “There was massive and central involvement in 9/11 by Israeli government, military and intelligence operatives…” – David Icke, “The Trigger,” 2019
- “Zionist and ultra-Zionist organisations form a network across America and the world to manipulate and impose the will of ultra-Zionism and the Sabbatian-Frankist Death Cult….Add the Kosher Nostra networks of organized crime which interlock with Mossad….add control of so much of government and media—and you have a hidden stream of interconnections perfectly capable of perpetrating and then covering up 9/11.” – David Icke, “The Trigger,” 2019
Ebrahim Raisi and Ali Khamenei
Antisemitic conspiracy theories about 9/11 are a mainstay of the Iranian government’s domestic and external propaganda and media channels. As the Supreme Leader and President of Iran respectively, Ali Khamenei and Ebrahim Raisi bear responsibility for an extensive network of institutions that propagate antisemitic propaganda both in Iran and abroad, including antisemitic conspiracy theories about 9/11. These slanders emanate both from their personal patronage networks as well as official state media.
- “Islamophobia in the contemporary world under the cover of freedom of expression is the strategy of the Zionist clubs and the leaders of domination….[including through] the attribution of some fabricated events such as September 11 to Muslims.” – Ali Khamenei, personal website posting, September 2020
- In 2018, a charity directed by Raisi produced a 50-part film series to promote the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, a notorious antisemitic forgery. Episode 19 of this film series asserted 9/11 was part of a devil-worshipping plot by world Jewry and that “no Jews were present in the twin towers during the 11 September 2001 incident.”
Gilad Atzmon is an antisemitic author and musician who describes himself as an “ex-Israeli” and an “ex-Jew.” He is an outspoken promoter of classic antisemitic conspiracy theories and a fierce critic of the State of Israel. Atzmon has also made statements which trivialize or distort the Holocaust. Atzmon’s works seems to appeal to many fringe audiences including Black nationalists, white supremacists, and Holocaust deniers. In September 2014, for example, he was interviewed on a Nation of Islam program, and his works have also been cited by former KKK Grand Wizard David Duke.
Though Atzmon has declined to directly endorse conspiracy theories about the technical details of 9/11, he portrays the 9/11 truth movement as working against powerful and deceitful Jewish interests which control historical narratives. In 2010, Atzmon spoke at a conference on 9/11 in London which catered to the UK truther group London Truth Movement; the event also featured antisemitic conspiracy theorist Kevin Barrett. At the conference, Atzmon said, “If we look into the past, we may be able to amend our future...This is what we call revisionism…This means World War II and the so-called Holocaust. This means 9/11.”
- “Although I frequently talk to 9/11 truth groups about various related topics such as Israel, Zionism and Jewish ID politics, I do not contribute to the discourse involving controlled demolitions and airplanes flying into buildings. Engineering, construction and flying are not within my field of research…However, there are a few areas of my study that I think are important in relation to the 9/11 truth movement: 1. The Mossad’s motto is ‘by way of deception’ and false flag operations are deeply rooted in the Mossad’s modus operandi. 2. The prime beneficiary of 9/11 has been Israel. It was Zio-cons who pushed for the so-called ‘war against terror.’ In the name of democracy and Coca Cola the English-speaking empire has been fighting Zionist conflicts for almost two decades. 3. Most important, be aware that controlling the opposition is at the core of Zionist survival strategy.” – Gilad Atzmon, January 2018
Gordon Duff and Veterans Today
Gordon Duff is an antisemitic conspiracy theorist who has been a significant figure in the 9/11 truther movement for the past decade. Duff runs the antisemitic, conspiracy-oriented news website Veterans Today, which he uses to disseminate content and provide a platform for numerous columnists to promote antisemitic 9/11 conspiracy theories. Duff asserts that Israel was responsible for the 9/11 attacks and further claims that U.S. security is threatened by a nefarious, disloyal group of Americans who have dual U.S./Israeli citizenship and who control government organizations and private companies. Duff’s work has been widely disseminated on conspiracy-oriented and right-wing extremist websites.
- “Israel began a massive destabilization effort against the U.S., funded by powerful financial interests, initially in order to access nuclear material to secure and expand its threatened nuclear arsenal. This destabilization effort included planning and execution of 9/11....” – Gordon Duff, Veterans Today, August 2021
- “The neocon’s and their KN [Kosher Nostra] bosses rigged the 2000 election, usurping power using the mob owned Supreme Court. Then they unleashed 9/11 using nuclear weapons deployed by Israeli and Saudi teams.” – Gordon Duff, Veterans Today, August 2021
- “The biggest story of the last 20 years is one of the brazen uses of nuclear weapons by Israel against its perceived enemies. Israel nuked the US on 9/11 and [Veterans Today] has proven it beyond a doubt.” – Gordon Duff, Veterans Today, August 2021
Goyim Defense League
The Goyim Defense League (GDL) is a loose network of antisemites and white supremacists who are motivated and united by their virulent hatred of Jews. GDL’s overarching goal is to cast aspersions on Jews and spread antisemitic myths and conspiracy theories. This includes frequent references to Jews having undue power through their “control” of major institutions such as media networks, the economy or the government, or disparaging Jews as degenerates who molest children and advocate for pornography, abortion, and homosexuality.
GDL’s promotion of antisemitic conspiracy theories includes Holocaust denial and claims that Jews were responsible for the 9/11 terrorist attacks. GDL routinely disseminates these claims online, in their propaganda, and during their “Name the Nose” tours. During one such tour in California in August 2020, GDL leader Jon Minadeo stood on the steps of a Chabad Jewish Community Center and proclaimed that “these Jewish terrorists are the people who were behind 9/11…These are the terrorists! It’s not the Muslims, it’s the Jews.”
- Antisemitic 9/11 imagery and text painted on the van used by the GDL during their “Name the Nose” tour in Florida in August 2021
- Propaganda distributed by GDL claiming that “Israel did 9-11.”
- Graphic shared in the GDL Chat on Telegram, which features Larry Silverstein and the message: “Jews did 9/11”